Tuesday, September 4, 2012

So I might be stuck in Ghana time...


See, everything we ever did in Ghana was delayed by at least 30 minutes, usually an hour, and sometimes even 4 hours (or just never got done). If our outreach driver told us to be ready by 7, it usually meant he would pick us up around 8:30 or 9:00. By most of the world’s standards, that would be ridiculous, laughable, unacceptable even; but we got pretty good at reading Ghana time. So even though I’m back stateside and starting school up again, I find I may have grown a little too comfortable with the delays. I think this blog is running on Ghana time, and to those of you who aren’t in my time warp, I’m sorry to keep you waiting. My computer stopped working entirely during my first day in Kumasi, and I was left with a notebook and runny pen to keep my blog going. Now this turned into much more of a journal, but I’ve still got all my entries! To whoever’s still interested, I just need to rework some things to make up for my broken computer and lack of Internet during my trip. Sorry about the delay. And thanks for waiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment